Bloodstock Open Air 2019 is nearly upon us and to say we’re excited is an understatement. We adore the festival and this year’s line-up is simply phenomenal. From the Ronnie James Dio Main Stage to the Sophie Lancaster Stage to the New Blood and Jägermeister Stages, there is something for everyone! Not got your tickets yet!? What are you waiting for!? Head over to the Bloodstock Festival website here and join thousands of like-minded head-bangers for a weekend of quality rock and metal.
Xero are an Alternative Metal/Progressive Rock band formed in Newcastle and currently based in Guildford; a powerhouse quartet consisting of Steff, Jamie, Jordan & Alex. Their music is fuelled by a mutual love for groove-based Alternative Metal, a disdain for posing over playing and the intent to combine their myriad of influences to create a gap that hasn’t yet been filled.
2017 saw Xero release their first EP, ‘Sequence’ – produced by Neil Kennedy (Press To Meco, Milk Teeth) – followed by two UK tours and multiple gigs in notable venues across the UK, supporting bands such as SÜMER & The Wholls. Their first single, Podha, gained them support from Nick Roberts at BBC Introducing.
Xero started 2018 recording their follow-up EP, ‘Dimensions’ at Metropolis Studios with Liam Nolan (Florence & The Machine, Mark Ronson), and their next two singles, Birthright and Garden, gained them respect from further various local and national radio stations, as well as online blogs.
Sick of the constant homogenisation of modern music, Xero have stitched a sound, woven from the fabric of their influences, that can’t be found elsewhere.
They will be playing the New Blood Stage on Friday the 9th August 2019.
1. Congratulations on working your way through the London leg of the M2TM and earning your slot on the Bloodstock New Blood Stage. What made you decide to take part?
We had recently played a gig supporting the awesome SÜMER and we were catching up with Ian (vocals/guitar) and he was telling us about how beneficial M2TM was for them and recommended we apply!
2. What were some of the highlights of your competition run?
Hearing our name read out at the end of each gig was totally surreal – especially at the final! The overall vibe throughout the competition has been really inspiring and it’s been a pleasure to share the stage with lots of great bands.
3. Describe the feeling if you can upon hearing your name read out as having a guest slot?
Unexpected and euphoric.
4. How big of an opportunity is playing the New Blood Stage for Xero?
We’ve seen some bands really grow from it over the years! There’s no denying it’s a huge opportunity and it feels like a real milestone in the band’s journey. We plan on making the absolute most of it!
5. What can Bloodstockers expect from you come festival time? Why should they come see you?
A set heavier than most people’s camping bags. If gurn-inducing Alternative Metal grooves float your goat, then we’ll see you there!
6. Are you regular attendees to the festival or will this be your first time?
This will be the whole band’s first time at Bloodstock!
7. Are you hanging about all weekend? If so who are you most looking forward to seeing?
We will definitely be at Bloodstock the whole weekend and we plan on seeing as many bands as possible, but we’re most looking forward to Tesseract!
8. What does the rest of 2019 look like for Xero? Shows? Releases?