Bloodstock Open Air 2019 is nearly upon us and to say we’re excited is an understatement. We adore the festival and this year’s line-up is simply phenomenal. From the Ronnie James Dio Main Stage to the Sophie Lancaster Stage to the New Blood and Jägermeister Stages, there is something for everyone! Not got your tickets yet!? What are you waiting for!? Head over to the Bloodstock Festival website here and join thousands of like-minded head-bangers for a weekend of quality rock and metal.
Empire Warning is a five piece metal band from London, UK. Their style of music can be described as modern with classic roots, hard rhythmic riffs with driving drums. They are a tight groove metal band that believe in mixing bone crushing riffs with melody.
They have a firm belief in a ‘one band one sound’, but as individuals they bring something different to the band but their empire comes first!
Their debut EP ‘Heil to the Rat King’ is out now via most online retailers and streaming platforms with a follow up EP due for release very soon. They earned their place at Bloodstock 2019 by winning the London leg of the Metal 2 the Masses competition.
They will be playing the New Blood Stage on Saturday the 10th August 2019.
1. Congratulations on winning the London leg of the M2TM and earning your slot on the Bloodstock New Blood Stage. What made you decide to take part?
Our Friends in other bands pushed especially the guys in Jacknife Seizure. so we took the plunge and loved every second of it.
2. What were some of the highlights of your competition run?
The friends you make along the way, your eyes are open to all of the awesome bands that are on the scene especially during the finals, there isn’t much in it and I do not envy anybody having to judge any M2TM final.
3. Describe the feeling if you can upon hearing your name read out as the winners?
Shock, elation, excitement and for us I think a sense of validation. We have entered the competition four times and thought we were cursed to be a semi finals band. Losing didn’t even feel like losing it was an opportunity to regroup, learn and grow.
4. How big of an opportunity is playing the New Blood Stage for Empire Warning? We’ve seen some bands really grow from it over the years!
This is a massive opportunity, one of the first goals we set out as a band was to play Bloodstock and we aren’t going to waste it, it has made us more driven.
5. What can Bloodstockers expect from you come festival time? Why should they come see you?
The people of Bloodstock can expect to see a band who is going to give them everything we have to make sure they leave entertained and wanting more … high energy, heavy riffs and harmonies you can chant along with.
6. Are you regular attendees to the festival or will this be your first time?
Ben hasn’t been at Bloodstock since 2001. (massive Orange Goblin fan)
7. Are you hanging about all weekend? If so who are you most looking forward to seeing?
We are really looking forward to seeing Karybdis, Footprints in the Custard, Raging Speedhorn, Anthrax, Soilwork and so many more we could really go on forever the lineup is awesome.
8. What does the rest of 2019 look like for Empire Warning? Shows? Releases?
We have our follow up E.P. “Unite & Die” due for release in late Autumn and a music video for the song “Verge of Insanity” Scheduled for September. October 19th 2019 is our next show after Bloodstock booked at the Unicorn in London but we are currently in talks for support slots that we hope will happen.