Bloodstock Open Air 2019 is nearly upon us and to say we’re excited is an understatement. We adore the festival and this year’s line-up is simply phenomenal. From the Ronnie James Dio Main Stage to the Sophie Lancaster Stage to the New Blood and Jägermeister Stages, there is something for everyone! Not got your tickets yet!? What are you waiting for!? Head over to the Bloodstock Festival website here and join thousands of like-minded head-bangers for a weekend of quality rock and metal.
Voidlurker are a 3-piece doom band from Birmingham. Bringing you fuzzy riffs and a dark atmosphere. The band is Brad Thomas – guitar and vocals, Andrew Rennie – bass and Jack Bourne – drums. Their first show as a band was M2TM Birmingham 2018 and it’s been a year of non-stop gigging that sees them reach Bloodstock 2019.
They took part in the Birmingham leg of the Bloodstock Metal 2 The Masses events seeing off fierce competition to emerge as winners and earn their place at Bloodstock 2019.
They will be playing the New Blood Stage!
1. Congratulations on winning the Birmingham leg of the M2TM and earning your slot on the Bloodstock New Blood Stage. What made you decide to take part?
Cheers! Our first ever show as a band was M2TM Birmingham 2018, we managed to get through to the final and after a year of consistently gigging it seemed a no brainer to try again!
2. What were some of the highlights of your competition run?
Probably the support, seeing the crowd growth from the first run and this one was quite an amazing feeling.
3. Describe the feeling if you can upon hearing your name read out as the winners?
It was just unreal, you would have thought England won the world cup or something with the amount we were going crazy! After it all we were a bit speechless and just excited for the festival!
4. How big of an opportunity is playing the New Blood Stage for Voidlurker? We’ve seen some bands really grow from it over the years!
It’s huge! It’s a big stepping stone for any young band. We’re looking forward to seeing what opportunities are ahead.
5. What can Bloodstockers expect from you come festival time? Why should they come see you?
If you like heavy crushing riffs, low end guitars and powerful drums you’ll most likely find some enjoyment in seeing us.
6. Are you regular attendees to the festival or will this be your first time?
We’re all regular attendees! We go every year and we always have a great time at Bloodstock.
7. Are you hanging about all weekend? If so who are you most looking forward to seeing?
Yes! we’ll be hanging out at the festival all weekend and we’ll probably try to catch some of the other doom/sludge bands Barbarian Hermit, Ten Ton Slug and Bong Cauldron to name a few.
8. What does the rest of 2019 look like for Voidlurker? Shows? Releases?
So before Bloodstock we’re playing with The Obsessed in Coventry on the 17th of July, Bloodstock then we’re recording our first EP at Foel Studios with Chris Fielding from Sky Hammer and we’re also playing at Beermageddon festival late August. We’re also working towards maybe putting together a tour for the end of the year.