Bloodstock Open Air 2019 is nearly upon us and to say we’re excited is an understatement. We adore the festival and this year’s line-up is simply phenomenal. From the Ronnie James Dio Main Stage to the Sophie Lancaster Stage to the New Blood and Jägermeister Stages, there is something for everyone! Not got your tickets yet!? What are you waiting for!? Head over to the Bloodstock Festival website here and join thousands of like-minded head-bangers for a weekend of quality rock and metal.
Based in Glasgow, Inferiem is a young up-and-coming metal band comprised of 5 unique and passionate musicians. The lineup was completed in February 2018 and debuted in April opening for Titan Breed, they left a lasting impression in the local scene and have only grown stronger. Taking influences from Architects to Killswitch Engage to Gojira, expect a melodic yet brutal soundscape to assault your ears.
They released their debut self titled EP last month.
They took part in the Glasgow leg of the Bloodstock Metal 2 The Masses events seeing off fierce competition to emerge as winners and earn their place at Bloodstock 2019.
They will be playing the New Blood Stage on Saturday the 10th August 2019.
1. Congratulations on winning the Glasgow leg of the M2TM and earning your slot on the Bloodstock New Blood Stage. What made you decide to take part?
A couple of local bands including a band we played with on our first show called Titan Breed who also won M2TM a few years ago.
2. What were some of the highlights of your competition run?
Definitely wining was a massive highlight but playing with other incredible bands and making new contacts is always a highlight.
3. Describe the feeling if you can upon hearing your name read out as the winners?
We literally had no words. We were all in shock and it still hasn’t really kicked in yet.
4. How big of an opportunity is playing the New Blood Stage for Inferiem? We’ve seen some bands really grow from it over the years!
It is a massive opportunity to be playing on the New Blood Stage! It will be our first trip outside of our home city as a band. We just need to make a huge statement and show people what we’re all about.
5. What can Bloodstockers expect from you come festival time? Why should they come see you?
People should expect a very energetic set with songs from our debut EP that will get your head banging. We like to get the pits open so expect some craziness.
6. Are you regular attendees to the festival or will this be your first time?
Most of the band will be first timers but our drummer Gordon has been a few times and he loves it!
7. Are you hanging about all weekend? If so who are you most looking forward to seeing?
We will be about from start to finish! I think we will try and catch as many sets as we can but a couple bands like Parkway Drive, Tesseract and Children Of Bodum can’t be missed!
8. What does the rest of 2019 look like for Inferiem? Shows? Releases?
After the release of our Debut EP on the 14th of June we are trying to promote that as much as possible so after bloodstock we have a few shows lined up back in Glasgow. Possibly even getting back into the studio to start EP 2 if all goes well!