Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are pleased to bring you an interview with folky/alternative rock band, The Coronation Kings.
1. How did you get started as a band?
We have been friends for many years with a mutual respect for each others abilities. Richard came out of retirement with some new songs and said shall we all get together for an original project. The Album Cathel and Me was the result of our first work together.
2. How would you describe your sound?
Difficult one this, its alt rock and sometimes its folky but its slightly left of centre too.
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
Many diverse acts from David Bowie and Jeff Buckley to Led Zeppelin.
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
It helps us to release music without having a record deal which is useful.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
Surfing, hanging out with family and keeping fit.
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
We are working on a 2nd album due for release early 2021 (hopefully). We are looking for gigs once the Covid situation improves.