This interview with Create A Kill was conducted by Kostas Dahmer. All credit for the interview goes to him and you can check out his Facebook here.
One of the greatest team-ups of all time – an intense, putrid – blend of Thrash & Death Metal is currently served by the US super band Create A Kill. All answers come from Gus Rios.
1. Simple things first – where are you guys from?
The nucleus of the band are from South Florida. The guests were from California and Sweden.
2. How did you meet?
Years of touring.
3. How long have you been playing as a band?
The project started years ago, probably around 2012.
4. Before you get sick of being asked… where does the band name come from?
From a Kreator song lyric, “create a corpse in murder fantasies”. I thought it was a cool way of saying “murder” but the word “corpse” was too death metal so I changed it “Kill”.
5. What are your influences?
Late 80s extreme thrash…Slayer, Kreator, Dark Angel, and Devastation mixed in with some Malevolent Creation and Vader.
6. Describe your music. What makes you unique?
Extreme, non melodic thrash/death metal. It’s probably not that unique, but at least in 2019 there aren’t many bands doing this particular style of metal…at least not to my knowledge.
7. Do you have any particular lyrical themes?
Anything evil…murder, possession, end of days, etc.
8. What’s your live show like? How many shows have you played?
The band has never played live unfortunately…we are working on that.
9. What’s the wildest thing you’ve seen or done at a live show?
I’m fairly tame at live shows just because I’m always focused on delivering the best performance that I can. I did get held hostage once in Indonesia back in 2009 with Malevolent Creation though!
10. What kit do you use / guitars do you play / etc.?
I endorse Tama Drums, Sabian Cymbals, Evans Drumheads, Vic Firth Sticks and Jackson Guitars officially.
11. What, if anything, are you plugging/promoting at the moment?
Our debut “Summoned to Rise” out now on Repulsive Echo Records.
What are your plans for 2019?
I’ll be out on tour with Gruesome this summer and perhaps later this year Create a Kill will record a second album.
12. If you were second on a three-band bill, which band would you love to be supporting and which band would you choose to open for you? A chance to plug someone you’ve toured with, or a mate’s band we’ve not heard of before!
We would love to tour with Kreator and have Warfect from Sweden open the show! Cheers and thanks for the interview!