Bloodstock Open Air 2019 is nearly upon us and to say we’re excited is an understatement. We adore the festival and this year’s line-up is simply phenomenal. From the Ronnie James Dio Main Stage to the Sophie Lancaster Stage to the New Blood and Jägermeister Stages, there is something for everyone! Not got your tickets yet!? What are you waiting for!? Head over to the Bloodstock Festival website here and join thousands of like-minded head-bangers for a weekend of quality rock and metal.
Formed in 2012 as an outlet to vent their frustrations of being away from the music scene for so long after the demise of their previous bands, North Wales based Scars of Remembrance have taken influence from artists including Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Lamb of God, Parkway Drive & more.
Mixing the melodic with the bone-crunching, Scars have seen several band members pass through their ranks but with this line-up of Dan & Mark (Guitar), Mike (Vocals), Karl (Bass) and Ben (Drums), 2019 has seen the band venture into new territory and make a mark for themselves on the scene with a Metal To The Masses win for an appearance at Bloodstock Open Air 2019.
They will be playing the New Blood Stage on Saturday the 10th August 2019.
1. Congratulations on winning the Wrexham leg of the M2TM and earning your slot on the Bloodstock New Blood Stage. What made you decide to take part?
We got asked to do the first round of M2TM North Wales. Its not something we’d usually do. We’ve never been a band who bring the big crowds or know the right people, so we’ve always shied away from them. But this time, it was “lets just do it for the gig then”. We were shocked to get through round one. The semi final was the same, we didn’t think we had a chance, but again we went through. It was here we started thinking “Can we do this??”
2. What were some of the highlights of your competition run?
We played with some fantastic bands and the camaraderie between everyone was great! I’d say the best thing has been the feedback from people. The fact that people voted for us, and when they come over and tell you how good they think you are, its a great feeling.
3. Describe the feeling if you can upon hearing your name read out as the winners?
We were completely shocked and overwhelmed when our name was called!! We’d had a couple of beers too, so we were slighty tipsy!
4. How big of an opportunity is playing the New Blood Stage for Scars of Remembrance? We’ve seen some bands really grow from it over the years!
It’s massive! Scars was only ever supposed to be a bit of fun to get us out of the house and play some shows, but this is truly something else!
5. What can Bloodstockers expect from you come festival time? Why should they come see you?
We’re energetic to watch, we don’t stand still! Our vocalist likes to be down amongst the people when he can, and our bassist has the grooviest on-stage moves!!! We believe in our music and I hope that shows!
6. Are you regular attendees to the festival or will this be your first time?
Our vocalist has been before, but the rest of us are all first timers! Two new experiences for us come Bloodstock weekend! Can’t wait!
7. Are you hanging about all weekend? If so who are you most looking forward to seeing?
Yeah, we’re there for the weekend. Looking forward to Parkway Drive, Anthrax, Thy Art is Murder to name a few!
8. What does the rest of 2019 look like for Scars of Remembrance? Shows? Releases?
We’ll take it one step at at time. We’re always looking to fill our gig calendar and who knows, maybe we can get something new recorded!