Bloodstock Open Air 2019 is nearly upon us and to say we’re excited is an understatement. We adore the festival and this year’s line-up is simply phenomenal. From the Ronnie James Dio Main Stage to the Sophie Lancaster Stage to the New Blood and Jägermeister Stages, there is something for everyone! Not got your tickets yet!? What are you waiting for!? Head over to the Bloodstock Festival website here and join thousands of like-minded head-bangers for a weekend of quality rock and metal.
Pravitas is a technical death metal band from Leeds, UK that consists of Joshua Barnett on vocals, Joseph Taylor and Richard Barnes on guitar, Conor Devlin as bassist, and Les Harrison on drums. Having formed while at college and gigged extensively up and down the country for the last five years, they are now preparing to release a second single from our upcoming third EP. They earned their slot at Bloodstock 2019 by winning the Leeds leg of the Metal 2 the Masses competition.
They will be playing the New Blood Stage on Friday the 9th August 2019.
1. Congratulations on winning the Leeds leg of the M2TM and earning your slot on the Bloodstock New Blood Stage. What made you decide to take part?
We had previously entered the Selby M2TM on two occasions, both times getting to the Semis. When we saw our Local M2TM in 2019 was in our hometown of Leeds we wanted to enter straight away.
2. What were some of the highlights of your competition run?
We were assigned to the very first heat of the competition, and took to the stage with friends in Surya, and we both made it through to the Semis, so the first heat was a fun one.
3. Describe the feeling if you can upon hearing your name read out as the winners?
Kind of a relief and also just buzzing that after 8 weeks it’s all over and we are going to perform at Bloodstock! It’s such a great opportunity for us so we were super happy to win.
4. How big of an opportunity is playing the New Blood Stage for Pravitas? We’ve seen some bands really grow from it over the years!
Arguably our biggest so far. We’ve been blessed to play some amazing tours, shows and festivals in our time so far, but Bloodstock 2019 is definitely a big one for us. We’re excited to show the festival what we’re up to.
5. What can Bloodstockers expect from you come festival time? Why should they come see you?
People should come expecting big riffs, blast beats, sweeps and shred. We like to play fast and heavy so we’re hoping that the tech heads and extreme metal fans show up.
6. Are you regular attendees to the festival or will this be your first time?
It’s the first time for all except our guitarist Richard, who has played the New Blood stage in the past with Pteroglyph, filling in on Bass. We’ve obviously heard a lot about Bloodstock so we’re excited to check out one of the world best heavy metal festivals.
7. Are you hanging about all weekend? If so who are you most looking forward to seeing?
We are yes, we can’t wait for Aborted, Karybdis, Harbinger, Tesseract and Thy Art is Murder. I’m excited for Children of Bodom, too, I’ve never gotten round to seeing them live before.
8. What does the rest of 2019 look like for Pravitas? Shows? Releases?
The rest of the year will be taken up with recording. We have just finished recording a single, which will be released soon after Bloodstock. This follows Chaos Is A Ladder, which was released last year, and they will both be on an upcoming EP, to be released early 2020.