Bloodstock Open Air 2019 is nearly upon us and to say we’re excited is an understatement. We adore the festival and this year’s line-up is simply phenomenal. From the Ronnie James Dio Main Stage to the Sophie Lancaster Stage to the New Blood and Jägermeister Stages, there is something for everyone! Not got your tickets yet!? What are you waiting for!? Head over to the Bloodstock Festival website here and join thousands of like-minded head-bangers for a weekend of quality rock and metal.
Deformation of Man are a heavy groove based metal band from Sheffield, started in 2010 by Stef and Luke, both of them have a love for heavy groove based metal and immediately started writing music. Carl joined as vocalist – during the period of 2010-2013 and they recorded an album before having their first music video out. They very quickly started gaining a reputation as being one of the heaviest bands in Sheffield – being hailed as Sheffield’s answer to Lamb of God.
In 2014 Stef fell ill and the band was forced to pull out of all shows but during this period the band focused on writing new music and in 2015 they recorded their new EP ‘The Black Knife’ although due to personal reasons and health issues Deformation of Man only did one gig a year and opened for Mushroomhead on their UK tour (2015) and Evil Scarecrow (2016).
In 2017 Stef received the all clear from the hospital and the band decided to start writing material for their 3rd album – ‘Rebirth of Chaos’ which was recorded in 2018 ad is set to be released later this year.
They will be playing the New Blood Stage on Saturday the 10th August 2019.
1. Congratulations on winning the Sheffield leg of the M2TM and earning your slot on the Bloodstock New Blood Stage. What made you decide to take part?
We were approached by Gareth to see if we would be interested in taking part – at first we were reluctant because we have not played live in about 3 years, but then decided WHY NOT! lets give this a go and see what happens.
2. What were some of the highlights of your competition run?
Definitely had to be the bands in this years competition – the quality this year has been outstanding.
3. Describe the feeling if you can upon hearing your name read out as the winners?
We have been through so much in the last 9 years loads of ups and downs but we stuck together through it – and then finally getting some acknowledgement was an amazing feeling.
4. How big of an opportunity is playing the New Blood Stage for Deformation of Man? We’ve seen some bands really grow from it over the years!
We feel that this could be the start of something good! Our main goal is to play the best we can and then aim for the Sophie Stage.
5. What can Bloodstockers expect from you come festival time? Why should they come see you?
We are a hard hitting metal band we know how to put on a show – interact and give people a laugh.
6. Are you regular attendees to the festival or will this be your first time?
Carl (singer) has been a few times but it would be the first time for the rest of us.
7. Are you hanging about all weekend? If so who are you most looking forward to seeing?
We will be there most of the time and hoping to make the most of the time there – There are so many great bands on this year but we are looking forward to seeing the main headliners.
8. What does the rest of 2019 look like for Deformation of Man? Shows? Releases?
We have a few gigs lined up and our album REBIRTH OF CHAOS will be out in August (hopefully before Bloodstock).