Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are pleased to bring you an interview with modern punk rockers, Wasting Time.
1. How did you get started as a band?
The band originally started in the early 2000s as an outlet for our singer, Vlad’s compositions. The original lineup eventually broke up in 2009 and Vlad wouldn’t reform the band or play music until 2017. At that point, he assembled a new version of Wasting Time which currently consists of Mike on bass, Mark on lead guitar and Mikey on drums.
2. How would you describe your sound?
Energetic and melodic punk with a dash of oldies sprinkled on top.
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
Green Day, Alkaline Trio, The Offspring, No Use For A Name and MxPx.
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
It has definitely helped us out. We’re an independent band, and utilizing the services of YouTube, Spotify and Bandcamp have made it easier for a band in our position to release our own music and videos.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
Reading books, playing video games, sharing horrible puns and making fun of each other.
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
We’re planning to release our new single, “My Limited French” on July 24th. It will be available on all major streaming sites and we will shortly thereafter release a video for it. Our second album should be out by the fall and we’ll play shows and tour once we’re allowed to.