Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are pleased to bring you an interview with pop-punk, alternative rock band, The Pits.
1. How did you get started as a band?
Our guitarist Mitch spent a lot of time in Canada without many friends or a job, so he spent most of his time writing music. He came back to Australia and gathered some friends and started playing our tunes. The line up has changed a few times over the years but the fundamentals are the same.
2. How would you describe your sound?
If Queen wrote all of Panic at the Disco’s music and a random horn band jammed along.
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
Queen is definitely our biggest influence but most 80s hair metal and early 2000s emo/pop punk are our outside influences.
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
It has helped, we definitely wouldn’t have the number of listeners we have today without streaming or the internet. It would be nice if we got paid a bit better from the plays but that will hopefully come with time.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
We all live really close to the coast so a lot of our time outside music is spent in the water and after that there is a big chunk of our time at the pub with our mates seeing other bands/artists.
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
We are going back into the studio early next year and plan on touring off the back of the release of the songs we record.