Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are very pleased to bring you an interview with indie rock band, Docksuns.
1. How did you get started as a band?
The band was put together at the start of 2019 by Neil Douthwaite (lead guitarist/songwriter) who responded to an Instagram story of Glenn Laws (drummer), playing the guitar. Close friend James Baxter (singer/songwriter) who had been writing music with Neil for the past 7 years also joined and brought along 2 member of an old band, Steve Keogh (Guitar/Songwriter) and Adam Dawkins (Bass).
2. How would you describe your sound?
Melodic Indie Rock.
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
As a whole, we have all got ties with the noughties indie scene, which has seen bands emerge from it, such as Milburn & Arctic Monkeys, but being a 5 piece we’ve all got slightly different tastes in music which leads to the diversity of our song writing.
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
Definitely, I think all music platforms are great for artists like ourselves to reach out to an audience that probably wouldn’t give our genre the time of day. This has been massively helped by the creation of playlists from the likes of Spotify and Deezer.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
Making more music!!!
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
Our goal from the start has been to play Glastonbury in a Sunderland shirt. We’d love to do a European tour in the foreseeable future but for now, during the current global pandemic, we aim to just write and record as much as we possibly can.