Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are pleased to bring you an interview with alternative rock band, Deitre.
1. How did you get started as a band?
We met through a previous project that fell through. We have been working together for about 3 years now.
2. How would you describe your sound?
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
Richie Bee: I grew up listening to A LOT of pop (Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Frank Sinatra). But I remember specifically discovering The Dead Weather right before we started making rock music. Pete is more well versed in everything and pulls influence from classic rock.
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
At the end of the day, I just want people to LISTEN. So it definitely hasn’t hindered. The only reason I would say that it HAS hindered is because everything is so accessible online these days that people don’t leave their homes. Going out to see live music is not as much of a thing anymore.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
Richie Bee: I enjoy taking care of my body, so I am pretty active in regards to fitness. However, I have that OTHER side that wants to just chill at home watching movies & ordering seamless.
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
We have A LOT of things coming out within the next couple of months. A new music video as well as a new EP.