Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are very pleased to bring you an interview with death metal band, Baest.
1. How did you get started as a band?
Svend and Lasse fell in love one fatal night, decided that they needed to spend a life together on the road. Shortly after, Simon, Sebastian and Muddi joined the relationship, and BAEST was born in september ‘15.
2. How would you describe your sound?
Equal parts Entombed, Grave, Morbid Angel and Opeth! That’s what we like to think. We try to write interesting and experimenting death metal, with an old school feel/structure to it.
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
Bloodbath has a great part in Baest style of writing, and the coming record will showcase a lot of Death inspiration as well. Swedish Florida in Denmark?
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
Neither, as we are such a young band, we think we have just adapted to this new way of spreading the work of your band.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
Soccer, tap beers, thinking about making music, food & wine, family and foes.
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
We’ve got a tour all of February and March with Decapitated (Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Poland)
We are also releasing our second album this year, as well as a lot of festivals and another big tour this fall!