Goat Monsoon are a 5 piece from Colchester in Essex. Combining doom, stoner, and groove metal influences, Goat Monsoon have making waves on the heavy music scene since 2012. Their mantra of “No Trends, No Bullshit, just Sweet Heavy music”, has seen them build up a strong and dedicated fanbase.
They have released their brand new single, ‘Pills’ today, on October 31st, 2022.
Halloween Horror Q&A
Stuart Carroll (bass)
1. Happy Halloween! Tell us, what is your perfect Halloween night?
A take-away, some red wine, possibly some spooky psychobilly music blasting, and a movie or two!
2. What is the perfect Halloween horror to put on?
As far as more recent films go, ‘Trick r Treat’ is an absolute must. Such a great film.
3. In our best Ghostface voice – what’s your personal favourite scary movie and why?
I have so many favourites, so it’s a bit difficult to choose! A classic one would definitely star Vincent Price (as I’ve been a fan since I was a kid), but a “recent” one could well be the first ‘Nightmare on Elm Street’, it still delivers the goods to this day!
4. What’s your earliest memory of seeing a horror movie?
It was Roger Corman’s masterpiece ‘Masque of the Red Death’, me and my brother dared each other to watch it on late-night TV. We didn’t get past the first 5 minutes due to being utterly terrified!
5. Have you ever experienced something unusual or unexplainable in real life?
The continued existence of the Tory party!
6. What’s the best modern horror you’ve seen recently?
I don’t really care for much modern horror, but I did enjoy Dominic Brunt’s horror/comedy/splatterfest ‘Attack of the Adult Babies’.
7. What is your favourite type of horror?
Old and classic (just like me!)
8. What’s a horror cliché that you just can’t stand?
Definitely “found footage” and the modern obsession with “jump scares”.
9. Freddy, Michael or Jason? Who is your favourite and why?
Freddy! but only from the first couple of films, as he got too stand-up comedian after those! Michael and Jason have been played by so many people, the characterisation can be a little off.
10. 70s sleaze or 80s cheese. What’s your poison and why?
I’d go with 70’s sleaze, as its my favourite era of film-making, in general, and not just horror.
11. Would you rather: spend a night in 112 Ocean Avenue (Amityville) or Hill House (The Haunting/The Haunting of Hill House)?
I’d go with 112 Ocean Avenue. It overlooks water, which would be quite nice in the summer!
12. Would you rather: ‘play a game’ (Saw) or be ‘shown such sights’ (Hellraiser)?
I did actually solve the Hellraiser puzzle box once, the Cenobites had buggered off shopping!
13. Would you rather: have a good guy doll (Chucky) or an Annabelle doll (Annabelle/The Conjuring)?
I’d rather have the Clown from ‘Poltergeist’.
14. Would you rather: be stuck in the Burkittsville, Maryland woods (Blair Witch) or stuck in the caves of the Appalachian Mountains (The Descent)?
Probably Maryland Woods. That Blair Witch lot were amateurs!
15. Would you rather: be hunted by the Predator or by the Alien?
The Alien. That dude is cool.
16. What character would you be in a traditional slasher movie (the nerd, the jock, the cheerleader, the final girl etc)?
I’d rather be the actual “slasher”, but I’m certainly no jock, and I don’t look good in a skirt, so nerd it is!