Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are pleased to bring you an interview with moody, electronica/industrial/darkwave metal band, FleischKrieg!
1. How did you get started as a band?
I (Richard) had a mid life crisis basically. It was either buy a ferrari and some blow or grab a $200 dollar 7 string at Guitar Center and start up the band again. My wallet could only afford one of these decisions. The rest is history.
2. How would you describe your sound?
We like using the term “brutal wave”. It’s a new wave/metal hybrid kind of thing, with a dash of goth thrown in.
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
Rammstein and Depeche Mode contribute greatly to our sound. Thomas (guitarist) enjoys more extreme metal, I like all things synth, Nuda is a big Gary Numan fan, and our drummer has played in every single band on earth. It all adds up nicely.
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
It certainly helps from an exposure point of view. Helps us create the FleischKrieg “world”. Of course the pay from YouTube and streaming isn’t very much, but if no one knows who you are, you’re not going to get paid anything.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
Me and Thomas have become obsessed with working out lately. Maybe it’s the pandemic. We sound like junior varsity footballers now – talking about our reps, gains, pulled hammies. It’s actually a lot of fun.
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
We’d love to do more tours as soon as the world starts making sense again. Another album is in the works too.