Bloodstock Open Air 2019 is nearly upon us and to say we’re excited is an understatement. We adore the festival and this year’s line-up is simply phenomenal. From the Ronnie James Dio Main Stage to the Sophie Lancaster Stage to the New Blood and Jägermeister Stages, there is something for everyone! Not got your tickets yet!? What are you waiting for!? Head over to the Bloodstock Festival website here and join thousands of like-minded head-bangers for a weekend of quality rock and metal.
When you think of the hardest working metal bands in the underground metal scene of the UK today, one name always comes to mind and that is Witch Tripper.
The Nottingham Power Trio formed in 2014 and haven’t stopped since. Balls-out, no bullshit, Stoner rock and roll filled with sweat and beer! They have chalked up hundreds of gigs and thousands of miles with highlights including:
Opening Bloodstock on the Hobgoblin Stage, after winning MTTM Nottingham in 2016.
Playing HRH Doom Vs Stoner and Amplified Festival in 2017.
Playing HRH Road Trip Ibiza. Amplified Festival and dozens of other festivals and venues in 2018.
That year also saw them release their second album; I, Of The Storm. One of the best releases of the year and you can read our review here.
A band guaranteed to make you bang your head!
They will be playing the Sophie Lancaster Stage on Sunday 11th August 2019.
1. Hello Witch Tripper! Congratulations on getting on the bill of Bloodstock 2019. How are you feeling about coming back?
Hi guys! It’s awesome! We’re very excited!
2. You first played there in 2016 on the New Blood, right? You’re are an example of how bands that play that stage can move up the bill over the years. Does that make you feel proud?
We actually first played in 2015 on the Jägermeister stage, then came back for the New Blood in 2016 after winning the Nottingham M2TM, but yeah we’re insanely proud, we’ve been chasing this since we last played but in all fairness, now is the right time. It does go to show it does happen if you work for it!
3. You’re on the Sophie Lancaster Stage on Sunday. What can Bloodstockers expect from your set?
A full bore, riff packed, sweaty, awesome show!
4. Are you there all weekend? If so who are you most looking forward to checking out yourself?
Yeah we are all there for the full weekend, We’ll checking out our friends and peers, Ten Ton Slug, Footprints, Resin, Widows and Boss Keloid as well as our close friends Pemphigoid on the Jager Stage and the new talent in the New Blood, Bigger bands Grand Magus is one for us.
5. Your work ethic is simply amazing. Everywhere we look, you’re there and your name is one of the most talked about in the UK scene. What drives you?
We’ve got nothing better to do! Haha, in all seriousness, we live and breathe our music, we want to do this and we’re not stopping any time soon!
6. What does the rest of 2019 look like for Witch Tripper?
We’ll be continuing our gigs around the UK and working on our 3rd album, which we are hoping to have out by Q1 next year.