Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are pleased to bring you an interview with LA rock band, The Scared Crows.
1. How did you get started as a band?
It all started from living room jams around North Hollywood. For awhile, I was somewhere new every night with my guitar. The music brought us together.
2. How would you describe your sound?
Something new. Anything goes. We might give you a 50’s doo-wop tune, then surprise you with hip-hop song. Who cares? It’s all about the voicing, which makes it consistent.
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
Great songs in general. From all eras.
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
It helps indie artists in a huge way. Everyone has access to the tools. The space is oversaturated because of it, but that offers the opportunity to stand out.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
Other areas of art. Photography and filmmaking. Riding my bike around NoHo. Sunsets in Malibu. Dinner with friends and family.
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
Next up is recording a full length album, ‘Electric Suicide’. My buddy Jake Long suggested that title. Other than that, we’re going to stay patient and see where this takes us. In the meantime, we’ll be playing shows around NoHo.