Games, Brrraaains & A Head-Banging Life are pleased to bring you an interview with pop rock/indie band duo John & Joe. They released their latest single, Honeyman last month and you can check out the video below.
1. Hello! Thanks for taking the time to speak with us. Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
Our pleasure, it’s nice to meet you! We’re a musical duo currently in Nashville, TN. We both come from a small milltown in Washington State about 15 minutes northeast of Portland, OR. We’ve known each other since first grade and started playing in bands together when we were 14, you could say we’re friends.
2. How would you describe your sound to someone who has never heard your music before?
I’d call it something like retro-pop. We love catchy guitar hooks and melodies, and we take a lot of our inspiration from music that was big in the 80s and early 90s.
3. You’ve recently released you’re new single, Honeyman. What’s next for John & Joe?
We have our EP release show on July 25th at The End in Nashville. After that we are trying to book more shows and we hope to have another release sometime later this year!
4. The rise of streaming services and YouTube. Helped or hindered you?
Oh man, this is always a tough one.. Of course you want people to support you and buy your music but I think with the way the industry is going anyways it’s helpful. Having music accessible to everyone is what’s really important.
5. Games, Brrraaains (Horror) or Head-Banging? What’s your poison and why?
Always head-banging. It’s an art, if you wake up without a sore neck the world opens itself up to you.
[amazon_link asins=’B07CZSDSKH,B07D1F5J65,B07D1DJ8RM,B07CZT6HTK’ template=’UseThisOne’ store=’g0e5b-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’0654c1e0-84f2-11e8-b324-d7b663c89793′]