In the bands own words…We are Alaska! Alaska! a shouty pop-punk/punk band you will probably hate from the depths of Southwest/Wales!
1. How did you get started as a band?
Well the band started in 2013 but the new line up come together from knowing each other, Tom mixed our first EP, Leah was our first drummer and Dave we found creeping around like Gollum in the depths of Joinmyband.
2. How would you describe your sound?
Shouty (Gruff) pop punk.
3. What bands/artists would you say have influenced your style of music?
As a band i would say bands such as The Menzingers, Latterman, Bangers, Gnarwolves, Iron Chic and Brand new have influenced us and there is tons more but they are ones that spring to mind first.
4. Has the rise of YouTube & music streaming helped or hindered you as a band?
Well YouTube has probably hindered us as we made pretty awful music video and put it out to the vast ocean that is YouTube but it was fun and sites like Bandcamp has really helped us share our music around to people that might like our music!
5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not making music?
Playing Xbox, watching films, snowboarding and hanging out with the girlfriend, friends and family.
6. What are your future plans musically? Tours?
Tours, gigs, new music, studio, burritos, all that basically.
We’d like to thank Alaska! Alaska! for taking the time to answer our questions & Stencil PR for arranging the interview. You can find out more about the band on Facebook & Twitter as well as pick up some of their music & merch on Bandcamp.